If you have the passion for cooking, then, why not capitalize on your interest by taking up a cooking course in culinary schools. People who have undergone culinary studies and training in culinary schools would probably agree that careers in culinary arts are amazingly multifaceted and wide-ranging. Most people who chose to attend in culinary schools know that this is a very important decision to make especially if they want to have great move in their career. They need to make a decision what food would they want to concentrate on. They also need to identify which skill would they want to improve for the better.
Basically, a professional kitchen is composed of various kitchen staff, particularly a group of cooks along with some kitchen assistants. The process of cooking and preparing the menu is left in the hands of professional kitchen staff. But you must remember that the size as well as the type of the kitchen staff is based on what your specific requirements are.
Different Roles Of Kitchen Staff After Attending Culinary Schools.
Here is a list of the various kitchen jobs that the kitchen staff should be able to perform:
- Executive Chef : This Chef Careers performs only managerial jobs. Usually, as the top position in the kitchen staff, the Executive Chef is the head of several cooks or chefs. This Chef Careers position in the kitchen staff is considered as the one that carries a reputation or status with it, which frequently emerge to a superstar or big shot standing or reputation. However, you must always remember that according to culinary schools, there are chefs and cooks in a professional kitchen scenario. There are lots of cooks who dream of becoming a professional chef someday.
- Sous Chef : This Chef Careers is the member of the kitchen staff that acts as the principal assistant of the Executive Chef, whether it is in small to medium operations. The main responsibility of this kitchen staff or Chef Careers is to cook or prepare the meal of the entire kitchen staff.
- Fry Cook : This member of the kitchen staff or Chef Careers is mainly focused on duties related to frying menu items.
- Roast Chef : The responsibility of this member of the kitchen staff is to supervise roasted dishes.
- Sauce Chef : The specialty of this Chef Careers or kitchen staff is mainly on making sauces as well as marinades.
- Grill Cook : The main responsibility of this this Chef Careers or kitchen staff is to supervise the kitchen grill.
- Line Cook : This is the type of cook that works with several cook assistants or kitchen staff.
- Pastry Chef : The main responsibility of this this Chef Careers or kitchen staff position is to cook pastry.
- Chef Steward and Stewards : The duty of the Chef Steward is to manage the stewards who do the cleaning stuff in the kitchen and responsible for purchasing in small operation; while the stewards as a kitchen staff are the ones who do the dish washing as well as pot washing.
Receiving and Storeroom Employees : The responsibilities of this Chef Careers kitchen staff are basically focused on helping suppliers deliver food, check the quality, size, quantity, and price of the food that is stored and also delivered.
Conclusion On What Kitchen Staff Is Based On Culinary Schools.
Kitchen Staff You must remember that the cooks and other kitchen staff have more important kitchen jobs that chefs cannot do by themselves. Actually, the kitchen jobs can be divided into two general categories, namely: kitchen jobs that require cooking and kitchen jobs that are mainly focused on preparation duties.Both of them covering in a category of kitchen staff.
Filed under: Chef Careers
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!